Any author (or person speaking for the author - they have to be official) may gift me with a free copy of their book in exchange for an honest review. I do not except any kind of compensation, including monetary, for reviews and I cover the pros and cons of every book I read honestly and thoroughly. I accept books from every genre except erotica (be aware, however, that I have the most experience in YA and Adult although I have dabbled in middle grade).
I only accept electronic copies of books (mobi is preferred as I read on a Kindle but any format works). I do not share any materials given to me unless specified by the author.
My reviews contain:
- The book cover
- Blurb (from Goodreads)
- Links to Goodreads, Amazon, the Book Depository, and Barnes and Noble (if you as the author/publicist would like there to be a specific link, let me know)
- A review of the book (I block off spoilery things)
- A final verdict section (a non-spoilerly summary of what I thought)
- Any favorite quotes
If you would like to have your book reviewed by me, email me at email@example.com (blueeyebooks3[at]gmail[dot]com). Please include the following in your query:
- The author's name (as it appears on the book or otherwise)
- The book(s) title and series (if applicable) - note: the book(s) must be first in a series unless a) I've already read the previous books (you can search my Goodreads read shelf) or b) the books can be read in any particular order without confusion or a lesser experience
- A blurb/summary
- The genres the book fits best into
- Any time requests you may have (I can usually accommodate requests that are 2-3 months in advance although this is dependent on the time of year and current R&R TBR length)
- Links to Goodreads and other applicable sites you deem appropriate (for example, author's website, Amazon, etc)
I publish reviews to the following sites:
- This blog (Blue Eye Books)
- Barnes and Noble (if applicable)
I also share on my Facebook page and Twitter.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me or contact me through any of the avenues in the Contact Me tab!