This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Part 2

Thank you so much to Jayne from Booking Awesome for nominating me!  Since I've already done this award, I'll just be answering the questions and not nominating anyone else new.  Here are the rules in case you missed them in my last post of this award:


1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2. Post the award's logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees

Here we go!


1.  If you were let loose in a bookstore, what are five things you would do?
- 1) Run immediately to the fantasy section! 2)Find a book that I've been dying to read but haven't bought yet and 'preview' it (basically read the entire thing!) 3) Rinse and repeat throughout the entire section. 4)Do the same thing in the science fiction section. 5) Run away with my favorite books into the sunset!


2.  What is one book you don't remember if you liked it or not?
- Ahhhh... there are actually a lot of books like that.  See, the thing is, when someone asks me about book recommendations, I have to go to my 'read' list and scroll through what I rated them.  I read the reviews I wrote but don't really remember writing... yeah...  Sadly, this is a daily occurrence.  I don't know where my memory went but it's out the window now.  So really, all you have to do it name a book other than Throne of Glass or any other book I dote over and I will not remember anything about it without reading my review.  That's how sad this is :(


3.  Do you like to write yourself?  If so, what book/author inspires you the most?

-  This is a really tough question...  Yes, I do like writing myself.  I don't really know though what authors really inspire me the most...  Well actually, I really like Tahereh Mafi's writing in the Shatter Me series.  You know, how she's basically the queen of metaphors and crazy sentence structure but it all still flows so well?  Yeah.  Pretty sweet stuff.  Just while I'm thinking about it nothing else comes to mind so I guess she inspires me the most!


4.  What is your number one tip for read-a-thons?

-  Yeah so here's the thing - I haven't actually done a read-a-thon yet.  I know, it's basically like the right of passage for book bloggers.  I've done BOTM's (Book Of The Month's) but never really a read-a-thon.  So I could actually use some advice on that before I embark on my very first one!


5.  If you could play the part of one character in a movie, who would it be?

- I'd love to play Katniss in the Hunger Games.  Move over J Law!  I'm not an actor AT ALL but I think all those stunts would be so much fun!  And Katniss is involved in so much, I'd get to see everything and be a part of it :)


6.  Would you survive the Hunger Games?  Why or why not?

-  Honestly, I don't think I would.  I mean, I'm a pretty kind-hearted person and I don't think I could ever kill anyone or take part in that.  Of course, I would want to live though.  So maybe there's a small chance I could just hide for the entire thing and come out on top.  But I think I'm mostly like Peeta when he said that he didn't want the Capitol to change him.  I wouldn't want that either.


7.  Would you rather read only series' or stand alones?

-  I'm going to go with series'.  If you've been reading this blog for a while, then you know that I really don't like having to give up characters.  At the moment, I'm pretty at war with myself whether or not I want to finish Blood of Olympus.  I mean, it's the last book in the companion series to the PJO series which is the series that got me interested in reading in the first place.  It'd be like the death of my childhood!  So anyway, series'.  That way, I have more time with my beloved characters.  Could you imagine if the Throne of Glass series was a stand alone?  The horror!


8.  What do your book shelves usually look like?

-  Well.  I don't think I've posted a picture on here yet (I have on Instagram and Twitter) of my new bookshelf.  Yes, for Christmas, I got a new bookshelf!  So anyway, they normally look normal I guess.  I don't ever stack books sideways (not standing up) or stack books in front of other books.  I keep it so I can always see the entire spine and none of my books are crushed.


9.  How many groups are you a part of on Goodreads?
- This is an actual problem because I'm a part of 98 groups but only post in like 5.  Isn't that sad?  So I'll be doing a cleaning and figuring out what I'm going to do about that.


10.  Random Question: What song do you wish you were listening to right now?
- Ah well, I actually am listening to Mike Posner's Cooler Than Me.  I've recently been obsessing about Taylor Swift's new album, The Script's new album No Sound Without Silence, Smallpools Dreaming, and Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling and Lizzy Hale.  I love a lot of other artists but there are just too many to name!  Here are some of those songs if you haven't heard them and want to have a listen.
Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling and Lizzy Hale.


Dreaming - Smallpools


Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

The Script - No Sound Without Silence


And that's it!  Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for answering my questions! I loved all of your answers!

    I don't think I could survive the Hunger Games either, although I would like to say I could. I want to read the Shatter Me trilogy so bad because everyone always talks about her beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you so much for nominating me!

      :) It is really beautiful writing! And really different than traditional styles too.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I like the idea of what you would do if you were let loose in a bookstore. And as for forgetting books without reviews, that is what I like about reviewing! It is great for keeping track of opinions, and this way you still get to enjoy the books most as you are reading them ^^ I love your music choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very interesting question... I don't think I've ever been asked that before! Scream at the top of my lungs in joy? :D For sure! Otherwise I would never remember what I thought about a particular book or take the time to think about it! Haha thanks!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the award!! <3 I also love your music choices, I love The Script and Taylor Swift :) Great answers!

    ~Cari @My Addiction:Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer to the first question! ;)

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here: http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!

      Thank you so much! I'll get the post up ASAP!

      Delete
  5. Oh, you are a fan of The Script too! :D Yeah, high five!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...