This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Your Blogging Toolkit

My other posts!
Today's Topic: Your Blogging Toolkit - We could all blog smarter! Share some of the best tools in your blogging arsenal.


I literally have two things that keep me organized as a blogger.  My calender and my email.

My calender is just a paper calender you can pick up at Target or Walmart (or really anywhere).  I write down the posts I've written and scheduled so I know what days I still have to write posts for instead of going into blogger every two seconds.

For example, here's my month of November so far:
Yeah, I'm not scheduled ahead very much (but these are only the posts ready for posting).  There are other pages too like this one:
But I don't use these pages all that often.  I'm more of a big picture kind of person!

My email also keeps me incredibly organized (sort of)  I just have a gmail account and I set everything up into folders (I actually don't use the gmail calender for blogging stuff.  Just everything else).  Especially R&R's.  I have separate folders for finished and not finished R&R's.  I also email myself links to tags I want to do or was tagged for or awards that I've won.  I keep those all in my inbox and do the oldest ones first whenever I have a chance.  Actually, that how I basically do everything.  Just start with the oldest stuff!

Sooo yeah.  That's basically it!  I'm such a low-tech blogger but it works for me!

What are some of your blogging tools?

2 comments:

  1. I'm very low-tech as well, I just have reminders on my phone for deadlines and then my email is orgainsed very similarly to yours :)

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/dnf-review-elixir-by-ted-galdi.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I don't think I could ever do the reminders thing. Just like with my alarm in the morning, I shut it off and say I'll do it in a minute and then I forget all about it (aka fall back asleep)! So kudos to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...