This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Monday, November 3, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Where You Read

Today's Topic: Where You Read - Pretty self-explanatory. Bonus for a picture!


Sorry, no picture!  I have too many places I read!  I sort of mentioned this in my last post but in the summer, I read on my screened in porch on this comfy reclined porch chair.  It feels so amazing to be reading a real book under the warm sun in a comfy chair with a cat sitting on my feet ^.^

Next then!  I always read at least an hour before bed in bed.  Usually I read from my kindle then because it's more comfortable to lay sideways with my kindle rest on the bed (less arm strength required) than to hold up a gigantic book while I'm lying down.  After a while, my arms would feel all numb and tingly which I take to be a bad sign.  So I've mostly restricted myself to my kindle at night.  Of course, sometimes I just can't resist finishing a hard copy that's so good.

I also read at school if I've finished a test or something early and have some extra time on my hands.  I mostly carry my kindle around for that because there's absolutely no room in my backpack for a nice hard cover book.

If it's winter and I can't read my hard covers outside, I'll lay on my couch in front of the fire and read them!  That's the best way to relax after a long day in the winter - curl up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate, a good hardcover, and a cat sleeping on my feet (yeah my cats love sitting on me...).

And last but certainly not least, I read at mealtimes.  Mostly at lunch on weekends.  I can never read during breakfast on a school day because I'll keep telling myself 'just one more chapter!' and soon I have 2 minutes until I have to leave.  Yeah, not good.  So I keep it confined to weekend lunches and sometimes dinner if my parents are gone (note to self, don't read at the table when other socializing people are present).

Also, I try to never read outside of any of those times and get my homework and other things done first.  Because once I start reading, it's impossible to stop.  I'll say to myself 'just one more chapter!' and then soon it's 2 in the morning and I haven't done any homework.  I realized this was a serious problem a while ago and am still working on my self-control xD


Where do you read?

9 comments:

  1. Cats seem to be a them with all our reading posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes they do! They're so furry and cuddly ^.^ At least mine are...

      Delete
  2. That's so funny how people have many places they read--I only read in one place! I've found it to be incredibly difficult to read on the go. My attention used to be much better, but homework has taken my mind of reading and I haven't been doing nearly as much reading as I'd like. I'm working on changing this, and maybe I'll search for new places to read while I'm at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad :( Make like a reading nook with lots of pillows and a comfy chair! I wish I had one of those in my room...

      Delete
  3. I always move around where I read as well, usually though it's either in bed or on my sofa because it's too cold outside now :(

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/11/review-rising-tide-dark-innocence-maura.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Yeah... reading in the frigid wind isn't exactly comfortable :P

      Delete
  4. I read all over the place! I swear I will start on the couch and somehow move to the table, the car for school pick up and then end up reading in the bed.. It's a mess! lol

    My #BookBlogWriMo
    Kenzi @Shattered Hearts Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the wandering reader! It's like sleeping walking while you're in another world!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...