This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Least Favorite Book Blogging Things

The rest of the posts!
Today's Topic: Least Favorite Book Blogging Things - Yeah, sometimes blogging is a pain in the ass. Tell us why.


Yeah there are a couple things that I don't like so much about book blogging.  I'll make a handy-dandy list because that's how organized I am!

1.  The added pressure.  I already have so much going on in my life (more than ever this year because of colleges and crazy hard school courses) that the added pressure of blogging just gets to me sometimes.  It helps to know that if I ever need to just take a break, I can.  My organization also helps with that.  And I always keep a couple of posts on hand for the week if I don't have anytime to write new ones.

2.  Giving bad reviews.  I hope I'm not the only one who hates giving bad reviews - especially to R&R's.  I don't want to be that person but I always give my honest opinion and I'm bound to that.  It doesn't help that I find it easier to rant and rave about bad books.  So my negative reviews will be significantly longer than positive ones.  I try to limit myself, but it gives me an icky feeling inside (the sentence... wow really Laura??).

3.  Numb and cold hands from typing.  Oh my goodness this is such a huge problem for me!  Because I always end up writing/typing up several posts at a time, my hands are always numb and cold by the time I'm finished and I can't read afterwards.  I just have to go spend 10 minutes drinking hot chocolate/coffee, running them under hot water, or sitting on them to warm them up!  Anyone else have this problem?  And it doesn't help to write up my posts on my iPod - my thumb joints get sore and I'd really like to limit the arthritis thank you very much.

4.  Getting bunches of emails from authors wanting me to review my book and I have to say no for various reasons.  I'm just too nice for my own good.  I have such a hard time turning down books to review (unless they're a genre I really don't read at all) which is why I have the 'no review requests' until a certain date so I don't even get requests have the time to limit the craziness.

5.  Not being able to respond to tons of messages in my Goodreads inbox for several days because I'm busy with life.  I guess this isn't specifically for blogging but it's still book related.  I love talking with everyone and getting to know everyone but sometimes I'll have 6 hours of homework, meetings after school, and house work to do so I can't answer them right away.  I hate going into Goodreads to post a quick review and see that I even have 6 messages that I really want to respond to but can't.  It's just so sad!


So there you go, all my troubles.  What are your least favorite book blogging things?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, giving bad reviews is another thing I don't like. Totally missed that on my list! It's even worse when you have to give a disappointed review about a book you were really looking forward to D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's so horrible if you were expecting this epic amazing book and it was such a flop.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...