This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hidden by Sophie Jordan


This is the third book in trilogy by Sophie Jordan.
Goodreads Blurb:
"Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy."



I'm actually going with a 3.5 on this one mainly just for one reason. I really loved the other books in this series but his one just seemed, I don't know... less grounded than the other ones. For example, when Ms. Jordan was writing scenes with any of the characters in their dragon forms, I couldn't distinguish whether they were actually human or dragon. I realize they are the same on the inside and their emotions and all that are the same. Just the way you she wrote it... Like how she didn't use dragon anatomy (is that the sciency word for it?). She would say for example, "he wrapped her into a hug, his hands cupping her face" when he was actually a dragon. This just confused me and I'd often have to go back and see what form they were really in.

Other than that, I really liked this book. It's such an original idea (at least that I've read). The main character retained all her personality and didn't undergo a major unrealistic personality change throughout the books.

Really, I don't have that much to say honestly. I liked the ending although it almost seemed a little thrown together like it couldn't possibly be the end of the series. I loved the ending scene though, that was beautiful :)

3.5 stars.


Oh and P.S. all the covers in this series are beautiful!

"“Hi," I return, gesturing to the fish. "Nice catch."
"Yeah. I'm kind of impressed with myself. I always thought redheads were sexy."
"Ha-ha. I meant the fish."
"Ah. Yes.” "


"“Then again, there’s nothing simple about Will. I think back to what he can do—bend earth, resist shading, his immense strength—and it’s glaringly inaccurate to consider him a human. But then I can’t think of him as a draki either. And this strikes me as sad. Will doesn’t belong anywhere. Not among humans. Not among draki.
But he belongs with me. The conviction is still there, as senseless and dangerous as always, seeping into my bones, my heart. A fact I wouldn’t change even if I could.” "


“Before I sought truth. Now I seek justice.” 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this series around but I never picked it up. I'm not sure if I want to. Good review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah... I loved the first book... and it just went downhill from there. I'd say if you have extra time on your hands, the first book is worth a shot!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...